Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
1 Chronicles 16:22
Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
1 Samuel 24:6
And he said unto his men, The LORD forbid that I should do this thing unto my master, the LORD'S anointed, to stretch forth mine hand against him, seeing he is the anointed of the LORD.
by Don Bradley
Anointing oil, also referred to as blessing or consecrating oil, is an act that turns standard oil into a great spiritual tool. The process is fairly straightforward. The oil is put in a special, small container and then a blessing is said over it. Once the oil is ready, you can use it in a variety of different ways.
Each anointing has specific purposes, which will be explained henceforth.
Purchase olive oil at your local grocery store or online retailer. You can use any type of PURE olive oil that is available. However, it should be olive oil instead of another type of oil since it has greater traditional and biblical significance because it is mentioned in religious texts and it is what was used, in the main, then and now. Also, it comes from Olive trees and is not some chemical concoction of bad elements like canola oil or vegetable oil, which are actually toxic to the body.
- Extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oil is the purest variety available, so many people prefer to use that when shopping for an anointing oil. You can find this oil in the vast majority of grocery stores. As it contains the blessing and energy of the Holy Spirit, purity is the idea here. Also, there are many olive oils that are NOT what they say they are. Many olive oils are cut with rapeseed oil to make it go further and to increase profits. You can tell by the taste. If there is a slight burning sensation on the tongue or back of the throat, it's been cut.
- Also, pray and ask our Father if the oil you are considering, is what it should be. Let your no be no and your yes be yes. Don't second guess.
- Remember Don's golden rule: If there's any doubt, there is no doubt. Which means, if you are being urged to refrain from purchasing the bottle in your hand, do so. This rule applies to all aspects of life and will stand you well as your path proceeds. The Holy Spirit, God within, does not lie nor lead astray. His advice is always for the truth of the matter in question, whatever it may be. Listen to that truth. Act accordingly.
Fill up a small, special container with the oil. Find a small vial, bottle, or other container that you like. It needs to have a lid that closes tightly and does not leak. Make sure it is clean and the pour the olive oil straight into this container. This oil will become the anointing oil.
For anointing oil, I use extra virgin olive oil. As has been done for thousands of years.
Sandalwood, unlike the essential oil satanic lies so often blathered about in New Age stores and apothecaries - almost always run by witches - creates a spiritual fragrance that keeps the dark spirits at bey. Rose oil is about purity of heart. Which is why so very many paintings in centuries past, had women with roses near their breast, which was and is an indication of this great truth. The combination creates an odor that draws in the good, faithful, and true, while pushing away those with satanic connections. And, as always, any oils you use or wear, should be blessed to make of them what is intended. To create an atmosphere of spirit of goodness, while providing a pleasing aroma.
- The prayer you use must ask Yahua to bless and cleanse the oil, so that it can be used for the sake of Yahua's glory.
- For instance, the prayer should be like this, "Father, I pray that you anoint this oil in Your heavenly name. I ask that You cleanse it of any defilement in it or upon it, and that You make it holy for the work of Your glory. I ask this on the name and blood of Yeshua. Amen."
- When anointing someone else, wet your right thumb and forefinger with a little of the anointing oil and use it to draw a cross in the middle of the other person's forehead.
- Pour out a small amount on the crown of their head, opening up the gate therein to the Most High. For many, this gate is closed, for far too many reasons to explain here.
- As you draw the cross, say silently (for you are speaking to Yahua, who you are admonished to pray to IN SECRET,) "I anoint you with oil in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. I ask, Dear Father, this in the name and blood of Yeshua."
- You do not need to get a lot of oil on your door frames and you can touch them anywhere you like. Just a tiny bit from your finger will do.
- As you anoint each frame, pray that God fills your house with the Holy Spirit, and that everything that happens in the house will be done in accordance with Yahua's will.
- The idea behind anointing your home is that you are turning it into holy ground for Yahua.
- Anointing the crown of the head removes any impediments to Him, much as physical baptism cleanses the body of spiritual impurities.
- Anointing the forehead allows clear seeing and straight knowledge
- Anointing the lips makes our speech powerful, so His message may carry clearly and without our personalities obstructing the meaning.
- Anointing the heart, increases tenderness and mercy, the best qualities of Love.
- Anointing an injury or malady anchors spiritual fire on such.
Anointing comes after repentance, when the person is called to salvation or is of a decent sort and you are put in their path to help them. Anointing isn't something you do just for the sake of doing it, because it has no meaning then. And henceforth, no power or effect. It's about increasing their relationship with the Most High and our King, Yeshua.
If you are called to the purpose, you will know when and who to anoint. It will also be obvious to you why, as no motion in our Father's or Yeshua's name is meaningless and without understanding. Also, if someone asks you to anoint them for flippant reasons, decline, and be truthful why you are not obliging them at this time. The idea is to encourage repentance, not give over a show of Spirit for idle curiosity. Those that seek under such superficial reasons are none. Were you to attempt the matter, you will instantly notice a lack of spiritual presence in your actions and the awareness that what you are doing and who you are doing it for, is very wrong.
In the end, it's the Holy Spirit that decides, guides, and empowers the action. If this isn't the case, decline to do so nor offer. If asked and you are advised not to, obey that still small voice of Yeshua in your mind and heart.
"With it you shall anoint the tent of meeting and the ark of the testimony, and the table and all its utensils, and the lampstand and its utensils, and the altar of incense, and the altar of burnt offering and all its utensils, and the laver and its stand.